Domain Specific Software Engineering (DSSE)
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Key Factors of DSSE
A Domain in DSSE is used to control the problem space for a project. This control allows for applications to be developed within specific constrains that focus development is to a specific direction.
Technology in DSSE offers a variety of technological solutions to be applied within a domain.
- Architectures & Styles
- Legacy Systems
Business is the motivator for any originations to use DSSE in there software development process.
Business reason to use DSSE:
- Minimize Costs
- Maximize market and Profits
When these factors are used in combination additional factors and benefits can be found.
Result of combining Key Factors of DSSE
- Domain + Business = Corporate Core Competencies
- Domain expertise improved by market and business expertise
- Domain + Technology = Application Family Architectures
- All possible technological solutions to problems in a domain without any business constraints.
- Business + Technology = Domain independent infrastructure
- Tools and techniques for building systems independent of all domains
- Domain + Business + Technology = Domain-specific software engineering
- Applies technology to domain related goals in the context of business and market expertise
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.