Geek Reading June 4, 2013
Geek Reading June 4, 2013
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Learn how Crafter’s Git-based content management system is reinventing modern digital experiences.
I have talked about human filters and my plan for digital curation. These items are the fruits of those ideas, the items I deemed worthy from my Google Reader feeds. These items are a combination of tech business news, development news and programming tools and techniques.
- Getting Visual: Your Secret Weapon For Storytelling & Persuasion (The Future Buzz)
- My Clojure Workflow, Reloaded (Hacker News)
- Replacing Clever Code with Unremarkable Code in Go (Hacker News)
- Unit Test like a Secret Agent with Sinon.js (Web Dev .NET)
- Bliki: EmbeddedDocument (Martin Fowler)
- How we use ZFS to back up 5TB of MySQL data every day (Royal Pingdom)
- IMB to acquire Softlayer for a rumored $2-2.5 billion (Hacker News)
- Cloud SQL API: YOU get a database! And YOU get a database! And YOU get a database! (Cloud Platform Blog)
- You Should Write Ugly Code (Hacker News)
- How many lights can you turn on? (The Endeavour)
- Python Big Picture — What's the "roadmap"? (S.Lott-Software Architect)
- Salesforce announces deal to buy digital marketing firm ExactTarget for $2.5 billion (The Next Web)
- Dew Drop – June 4, 2013 (#1,560) (Alvin Ashcraft's Morning Dew)
- New Technologies Change the Way we Engage with Culture (Conversation Agent)
- Free Python ebook: Bayesian Methods for Hackers (Hacker News)
- How Go uses Go to build itself (Hacker News)
- Sustainable Automated Testing (Javalobby – The heart of the Java developer community)
- Breaking Down IBM’s Definition of DevOps (Javalobby – The heart of the Java developer community)
- Big Data is More than Correlation and Causality (Javalobby – The heart of the Java developer community)
- So, What’s in a Story? (Agile Zone – Software Methodologies for Development Managers)
- The Real Lessons of Lego (for Software) (Agile Zone – Software Methodologies for Development Managers)
- The Daily Six Pack: June 4, 2013 (Dirk Strauss)
- Get your mobile application backed by the cloud with the Mobile Backend Starter (Cloud Platform Blog)
- Open for Big Data: When Mule Meets the Elephant (Javalobby – The heart of the Java developer community)
I hope you enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on those sites.
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.