Geek Reading June 4, 2013
Geek Reading June 4, 2013
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Bugsnag monitors application stability, so you can make data-driven decisions on whether you should be building new features, or fixing bugs. Learn more.
I have talked about human filters and my plan for digital curation. These items are the fruits of those ideas, the items I deemed worthy from my Google Reader feeds. These items are a combination of tech business news, development news and programming tools and techniques.
- Getting Visual: Your Secret Weapon For Storytelling & Persuasion (The Future Buzz)
- My Clojure Workflow, Reloaded (Hacker News)
- Replacing Clever Code with Unremarkable Code in Go (Hacker News)
- Unit Test like a Secret Agent with Sinon.js (Web Dev .NET)
- Bliki: EmbeddedDocument (Martin Fowler)
- How we use ZFS to back up 5TB of MySQL data every day (Royal Pingdom)
- IMB to acquire Softlayer for a rumored $2-2.5 billion (Hacker News)
- Cloud SQL API: YOU get a database! And YOU get a database! And YOU get a database! (Cloud Platform Blog)
- You Should Write Ugly Code (Hacker News)
- How many lights can you turn on? (The Endeavour)
- Python Big Picture — What's the "roadmap"? (S.Lott-Software Architect)
- Salesforce announces deal to buy digital marketing firm ExactTarget for $2.5 billion (The Next Web)
- Dew Drop – June 4, 2013 (#1,560) (Alvin Ashcraft's Morning Dew)
- New Technologies Change the Way we Engage with Culture (Conversation Agent)
- Free Python ebook: Bayesian Methods for Hackers (Hacker News)
- How Go uses Go to build itself (Hacker News)
- Sustainable Automated Testing (Javalobby – The heart of the Java developer community)
- Breaking Down IBM’s Definition of DevOps (Javalobby – The heart of the Java developer community)
- Big Data is More than Correlation and Causality (Javalobby – The heart of the Java developer community)
- So, What’s in a Story? (Agile Zone – Software Methodologies for Development Managers)
- The Real Lessons of Lego (for Software) (Agile Zone – Software Methodologies for Development Managers)
- The Daily Six Pack: June 4, 2013 (Dirk Strauss)
- Get your mobile application backed by the cloud with the Mobile Backend Starter (Cloud Platform Blog)
- Open for Big Data: When Mule Meets the Elephant (Javalobby – The heart of the Java developer community)
I hope you enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on those sites.
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.