How to Install NodeJS on Docker
Learn how to install NodeJS on a CentOS Docker image using this simple tutorial.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
This article offers quick instructions on how to install NodeJS on a CentOS Docker image. The detailed instructions of installing NodeJS on Linux can be found on this page. Please feel free to comment/suggest if I failed to mention one or more important points
Following is the set of instructions:
- Install Docker on your machine.
- Pull the CentOS Docker image.
- Create a container using the CentOS docker image. Use the following command:
docker run -ti -dP --name centos -v /c/Users:/mnt/Users centos:latest /bin/bash
- Start the Docker container and attach the image. Use the following command:
# Starts the docker container docker start centos # Attach docker attach centos
- Use the following command to install NodeJS:
# Run as root on RHEL, CentOS, CloudLinux or Fedora: curl -sL https://rpm.nodesource.com/setup | bash - # Install as Root yum install -y nodejs
And that is it. Once the installation is done, type “npm” and you should find “npm” usage command instructions.
Published at DZone with permission of Ajitesh Kumar, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.