This article offers quick instructions on how to install NodeJS on a CentOS Docker image. The detailed instructions of installing NodeJS on Linux can be found on this page. Please feel free to comment/suggest if I failed to mention one or more important points
Following is the set of instructions:
- Install Docker on your machine.
- Pull the CentOS Docker image.
- Create a container using the CentOS docker image. Use the following command:
docker run -ti -dP --name centos -v /c/Users:/mnt/Users centos:latest /bin/bash
- Start the Docker container and attach the image. Use the following command:
# Starts the docker container docker start centos # Attach docker attach centos
- Use the following command to install NodeJS:
# Run as root on RHEL, CentOS, CloudLinux or Fedora: curl -sL https://rpm.nodesource.com/setup | bash - # Install as Root yum install -y nodejs
And that is it. Once the installation is done, type “npm” and you should find “npm” usage command instructions.