Installing Maven 3.0.4 on Ubuntu 12.04
To install Apache Maven 3.0.4 on Ubuntu 12.04, take the following steps.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
To install Apache Maven 3.0.4 on Ubuntu 12.04, take the following steps:
- Get Maven 3.0.4 binary distribution using the following command:
- Unpack the binary distribution using the following command:
tar -zxf apache-maven-3.0.4-bin.tar.gz
- Move uncompressed "apache-maven-3.0.4" directory to the /usr/local directory using this command:
sudo cp -R apache-maven-3.0.4 /usr/local
- Create a symbolic link to /usr/bin using the following command:
sudo ln -s /usr/local/apache-maven-3.0.4/bin/mvn /usr/bin/mvn
- Verify for correct installation using the following comman:
It should print the following information:
Apache Maven 3.0.4 (r1232337; 2012-01-17 14:14:56+0530) Maven home: /usr/local/apache-maven-3.0.4 Java version: 1.6.0_24, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/jdk-6u32/jre Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8 OS name: "linux", version: "3.2.0-27-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"
Published at DZone with permission of Pavithra Gunasekara, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.