Twilio Vs. MirrorFly: Who Is the Future of Real-Time Communication?
In this article, we will explore the future of real-time communication, the top player in the market, and the best alternative.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced the corporate business world to network with associates and communicate with potential clients using online communication tools. Hence, given the current market conditions – having a functional and efficient communication system has become the need of the hour. Due to which platforms offering text, voice, and video chat features must ensure they offer enterprise-level models. These platforms must be customizable and scalable. It is also important for the communication platform to be of a certain standard that supports a huge number of users with minimal latency rates. Nevertheless, with multiple options in the market, it can be difficult to choose the right real-time communication platform.
So, what is Twilio? Twilio is one of the top-rated cloud communication platforms in the market that uses a PaaS model. Twilio offers developers tools or software-based platforms to integrate voice, video, or messaging into any mobile app. Twilio is basically a developer’s platform, which means that this platform cannot be used by a marketer or a non-developer. Twilio as a communication platform provides a powerful API system for phone services offering companies to make and receive phone calls and send and receive text messages instantly.
So, what is MirrorFly? Although Twilio is a top player, Mirrorfly defines the future of communication. MirrorFly is one of the best platforms if you are searching for Twilio alternatives. MirrorFly is one step ahead of Twilio in offering quality text, voice, and video chat features through its API. Mirrorfly is the future of communication because, unlike other APIs, it offers unlimited data usage and expansive integration options. MirrorFly’s chat API and messaging SDK services enable the integration of messaging systems, voice and video chats into the applications. It also offers WebRTC to build audio as well as video chat applications on both Web and Mobile apps. The ultimate goal of MirrorFly is to create a real-time conversation between the users.
Basic Comparison Between Twilio and MirrorFly
1. Twilio’s PaaS Model vs. MirorFly’s 100% Customization Solution
Twilio is a cloud-based software with a PaaS model that provides a platform as a service structure for its voice and video communications. On the contrary, MirrorFly is among the top alternatives to Twilio, as it provides 100 % customization solutions that enable interactive front-end user interfaces and premium back-end systems. MirrorFly is a real-time chat video and voice calling application that offers total control over the apps and their features.
2. Twilio’s Server-Side Cloud Infrastructure vs. MirrorFly’s Own Server and Cloud
Twilio cloud communication platform is hosted by Amazon Web Services AWS. This basically means that Twilio depends on AWS data center and their cloud infrastructure. Nevertheless, with MirrorFly, there is no third-party server involved as MirrorFly offers the full source code SDK to the user, which can be hosted on their own servers.
3. WebRTC Setup Options in Both Twilio and MirrorFly
Although Twilio uses VoIP for voice and TCP, HTTPS for data transmission, Twilio's web client does provide WebRTC capabilities and setup options. However, users are needed to pay-as-you-go, and all calls are routed through an existing IP infrastructure over a SIP connection. MirrorFly is a far better option as users can make a one-time payment and use WebRTC API that offers audio and video chat that can be integrated into the web pages. Unswerving peer-to-peer communication can be ensured as MirrorFly removes the complication of installing additional plugins or downloading third-party applications.
4. Twilio’s Monthly Subscription Vs. Mirrorfly’s One Time Payment
Twilio has different charges for incoming and outgoing audio/video calls that vary based on the region. Hence, Twilio follows usage-based pricing, mainly charged as monthly subscription fees. Whereas, MirrorFly offers ease to users by offering a one-time payment option. MirrorFly uses three WebRTC APIs where audio and video communication can be carried without any pay-per-usage terms.
Technological Comparison Between Twilio and MirrorFly
1. Messaging Protocol
Twilio uses VoIP for voice and TCP, HTTPS for data transmission. MirrorFly uses WebRTC and VoIP protocols to transport video and audio calls. XMPP protocols to handle message delivery.
Twilio uses MySQL, NoSQL, and AWS DynamoDB for database storage and functionalities. MirrorFly uses Mnesia, MySQL, and Cassandra database systems.
Twilio is hosted on AWS to power its cloud-scale communication apps globally. However, through Twilio Studio (a visual interface to design, deploy, and scale customer communications), developers can build a visual workflow for interaction across channels without having to make changes on the servers. With Mirrorfly, hosting options are far simpler and easier. MirrorFly provides flexible hosting solutions such as on-premises or on-cloud hosting – so that developers have the accessibility and liberty to make alterations as and when required.
Twilio ascertains to follow security standards such as Privacy shield, Cloud Security Alliance, ISO 27001, and SOC 2 for Authentication. Likewise, MirrorFly has high standards of security and practices end-to-end encryption, AES Encryption. SSL and Authentication for safe transmission of data.
Key Features of Twilio API, Product Features, and Its Pricing Options
Twilio APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) is a communication platform that can be integrated with different applications. Twilio’s APIs connect and optimize communications networks enabling users to make calls and exchanges across the globe.
Here are some of the Key Features of Twilio API:
- Easy Integration: Twilio API supports diverse coding languages that facilitate programmers and developers to start writing codes directly and manage as well as expedite work easily.
- Regional Compatibility: Developers can manage and configure the system depending on the demands of a particular region, offering regional compatibility.
- Twilio Affiliate Solution: Twilio offers affiliated solutions that offer marketing assistance, diverse programs, certifications, training, etc.
Here are some of the Product Features of Twilio API:
- Programmable SMS: Users can send and receive text messages from anywhere in the world.
- Programmable Voice: Users can make or receive calls as well as monitor them for quality and scalability.
- Twilio SendGrid Email API: This is a feature that allows building custom emails that can also be automated.
- Programmable Chat: Integrating the Chat app is possible with Twilio API on any mobile or web application.
- Programmable Video: Twilio API allows developers to build real-time video communication or HD audio applications.
- Programmable Fax: Twilio API also can be cohesive with some systems to send and receive fax messages.
- Twilio API for WhatsApp: WhatsApp is the most used platform; Twilio API offers integration with WhatsApp as well.
Twilio APIs Pricing Options
Twilio APIs offer account-specific pricing for Twilio's voice, messaging, and other communication products. They are mainly categorized into three formats. Those are:
2. Volume Discounts
3. Committed-Use Discounts
Users can opt for the type of pricing structure depending on their usage. However, it is calculated as a termly subscription.
Key Features of MirrorFly API, Product Features and Its Pricing Options
MirrorFly is a real-time messaging solution that offers businesses the tools to create efficient text, audio, and video chat apps for mobile and web-based platforms. The solution offers tools to organize, systematize, and automate real-time conversations via the developed chat application.
Here are some of the Key Features of MirrorFly API:
- CRM Integration: MirrorFly offers integration of customer relationship management software. This allows the hands-on instant information about the customer to the representatives.
- Analytics: With MirrorFly’s analytical tools, businesses can ensure quality. Also, real-time reports can be created, and timely feedback can be offered to the sales reps or the customer relations team.
- Call Management & Monitoring: MirrorFly allows you to customize IVR, queue, route, and transfer calls along with other automated solutions. Also, with call monitoring features. Recording, auditing, and reporting become easy.
- Cross-platform Messaging: MirrorFly offers widened reach with the use of a cross-platform messaging system. This further adds ease in communicating across any web, Android & iOS mobile applications.
- Push Notification: Apart from stimulating engagement and increasing conversion rate, the feature of push notification ensures effective communication. Through push notifications, participants can send and receive messages instantly in real-time.
- Message Broadcast Option: The broadcast messaging feature is when a single text can be sent to a number of recipients. It is a perfect way to save time and effort as well as ascertain personalised communication.
- Unlimited Channels: Unlike other messaging apps, with MirrorFly APIs, you can create unlimited private and open channels to freely interact by sending messages, images, or videos to individuals or chat groups
Here are some of the Product Features of MirrorFly API:
- Real-time Messaging: MirrorFly’s real-time messaging is probably the most popular product feature among the various other API features available in the market. Real-time messaging provides a streamlined flow of communication and promotes minimum disruptions.
- Voice & Video Call: Another amazing product feature offered by MirrorFly API is real-time voice and video calling. Voice and video calls allow individuals to interact with a personal touch and increases engagement.
- Video Conferencing: MirrorFly’s video conferencing features offers productivity, saves travel time, reduces expenses, and overall convenience to collaborate. With MirrorFly’s video conferencing, you can ensure effective face-to-face communication.
- Live Broadcasting: MirrorFly’s Live Broadcasting is a live streaming practice that brings audio and video real-time happenings. Live broadcasting allows companies to directly converse with their customers and target audience.
- Audio Encrypted: MirrorFly offers quality safety features through audio encryption. Technologies such as OMEMO Encryption and AES 512 Encryption enables agents as well as customers to share information securely.
- Elastic SIP Trunking: MirrorFly offers Elastic SIP Trunking, a new concept compared to SIP Trunking. This feature lets the power of the cloud bring instant provisioning, global reach, and data-driven routing to the world of SIP Trunking.
- REST API: MirrorFly offers REST API that routes calls to any devices, SIP domains, mobile applications, and websites. Moreover, with the REST API, businesses can efficiently manage and monitor calls.
- Unlimited Calling: MirrorFly only charges one-time-payment so that businesses have the liberty of making unlimited calls. Also, with Voice calling SDK, cloud-based VoIP, WebRTC, and SIP integrations, ensure the quality of these unlimited calls.
MirrorFly APIs Pricing Options
Mirrorfly’s price is simple! There are no term subscriptions and uncertainty of expenses where you need to pay-as-you-go. MirrorFly follows only one pricing model for everything, which is a one-time payment option.
Mirrorfly provides unlimited concurrent users’ capacity and additional features to integrate within the system for a one-time payment. This also offers businesses unlimited data usage with WebRTC and VoIP integration.
Whether you are searching for the best alternatives to Twilio, wanting to know the competitors to Twilio or simply need to learn what Twilio is? What is MirrorFly? And what are the other options available in the market – it is important to ascertain your requirements first! At the end of the day, you need a system that is cost-effective, easy to set up, can be integrated with your third-party systems, and simple to use. It is all about adaptability, scalability, and cost.
Providers of such real-time communication platforms have their own special focuses and potentials. A careful choice of these providers before starting development can prevent expensive refactoring or rearchitecting of your projects.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.