Solution To Docker Not Starting in Windows 10
If Docker for Windows 10 is stuck loading in the 'Starting' screen, it could be because your WSL2 installation was not completed properly. Let's fix it!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Recently I installed Docker for Windows on my local machine, running Windows 10 (latest version). It got installed successfully, as I installed using administrator privileges. But, soon I realized that it would not start completely. It was in Starting... for quite a long time.
Then I figured out why. It was because the WSL2 installation was not complete.
- To install this, you need to open this link in your browser window.
- You will see something similar to:
- Click on it and download the executable.
- Double click on the downloaded executable and install it using the administrative privileges.
- Once done, restart the docker.
- You will see docker is up and running through the dashboard.
You rock! The Docker container is up and running! :)
Please like and write comments if this solution works for you. If you have any queries, just leave a comment and I will be happy to help you.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.