Updated June 30, 2022
Do you work in software development and have something interesting to share with your industry peers? If so, we invite you to submit your content for consideration to be published to DZone's global audience of software development professionals.
But before you hit the "Submit" button, please review our submission guidelines, otherwise, we may not review or publish your content.
- Any author of your submission must have an accurate user profile that includes your real name, valid email, and a short bio/byline.
- Just like if you were presenting at an industry conference, your DZone profile must be complete and display your real name so that readers know who is presenting the ideas.
- Your profile may not be a company account or include your company logo.
- Submissions must be related to software development and written for an audience of professionals working in software development (ie. don't submit content written for marketers, salespeople, finance, etc).
- Articles must be written in English, free of grammatical errors, and properly formatted.
- Your content must be original and references to any outside materials must be cited.
- Plagiarism will result in suspension.
- Article submissions must have a minimum of 1000 words.
- Submissions for podcasts, YouTube videos, and presentations must include an accompanying text submission of at least 500 words.
- All images included should be owned by you or used with permission of the copyright owner.
- Images should be compressed to 75 KB or lower (JPEG/JPG recommended).
- There is a 5MB limit for cumulative image file size.
What Will Be Rejected
Plagiarism is copying someone else's words or ideas and claiming them as your own.
- If you need further clarification on Plagiarism, see this guide from our Writers Zone.
- There are several free tools to check your work that can be found online.
- After one warning, your account will be suspended.
Submissions must be related to software development. Some of the topics we are not accepting submissions for are:
- Web design and SEO
- Cryptocurrency or NFTs
- Unoriginal or duplicate content (be sure to check DZone before submitting to ensure that the topic has not already been covered)
- Advertorial content about a product/service
- Advertorial copy and/or links to paid tools, products/services, or gated content
- Marketing/press releases
- Lists or summaries of product features
- Blurbs or incomplete articles — This includes articles with introductions that link off-site for the full article.
- Pure SEO and heavy back-linking
What Will Lead to Delays
The editorial staff at DZone aims to publish articles as quickly as possible. The following is a list of things that can delay an article from being published.
- Syndicated content
- Original content is prioritized
- Several grammar and spelling mistakes throughout
- If largely illegible, your article may be rejected
- Missing images or alt text
- Missing code or incorrect formatting — code not in code blocks or snippets
Cause for Suspension
The following are some of the behaviors that will cause account suspension:
- Fake profiles, duplicate profiles, or company profiles
- Spam submissions
- Bullying/Posting hate or posting spam comments on articles
- This includes links to products or services in comments
Please note that all articles submitted to DZone must go through moderation and will be edited by our team. The time it takes for articles to go through moderation varies based on article quality, article length, and the volume of submissions received, but generally, you can expect your article to be looked at within 7 to 12 business days.
With that, thank you for contributing to DZone! If you have any questions about articles, content, or submission rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Official DZone Style Guide
How to Submit a Post to DZone
What Is Plagiarism? How to Avoid It and Cite Sources
How to Format Articles for DZone
DZone's Article Types
Turning a Press Release Into a Tutorial
Have something to share?