BPMN Workflows Version Management With Milestone Camunda Cawemo
This article contains a step-by-step guide on how to manage BPMN file versioning and avoid conflicts in Cawemo when multiple team members are working together.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
This article contains a step-by-step guide on how to manage BPMN file versioning and avoid conflicts in Cawemo when multiple team members are working together. It will also help you to avoid overriding BPMN files while updating and tells you how to sync files between the repository and Cawemo.
What Is Milestone?
- This feature in the Cawemo tool is used to maintain Versioning in BPMN.
- We can see all of the BPMN history, the creator’s name who has done the changes, and the Last Changed date.
- We can upload the new version of BPMN without removing/deleting its older version.
Steps to Follow:
- Create a new directory (e.g., Demo) in Cawemo for signed-off deployed BPMN files.
- Upload working/developed and integrated BPMN (e.g., Demo_BPMN) from code repository/local to the newly created directory as follows.
- Now create a duplicate copy of the BPMN which needs to update and move to the same in In Review Folder as follows.
- Move the file into In Review – Demo Folder.
- Open File in In Review-Demo folder, and rename/remove “copy ” from the file name. Update the file and autosave the same.
- Update the BPMN Design as per requirement. Click on Milestones. Click on "Create a new milestone"(+ symbol) on the latest version.
- Do the changes on the same file every time, create a new version, and name the milestone as 0.1, 0.2, etc.
Next, complete the following steps:
- Review the BPMN with Business Analyst, Solution Architect, Designers, and Technology Architect.
- Download the same signed-off version.
- Take the same BPMN for development and add configuration.
- Test the standalone workflow with Postman collection.
- Handover the tested signed-off version of BPMN to the development team for integration.
- After successful integration, copy the same with the new Milestone version into the original directory in Cawemo.
Alternative Way of Uploading the Updated BPMN Files to Cawemo and Versioning the Milestone:
- Update the BPMN in Camunda modeler as per the requirement and save it in "local".
- Go to the respective folder in Cawemo and open the BPMN.
- Click on the BPMN name (e.g., Replace via upload) and select the appropriate file from your local.
- It will get uploaded and autosaved.
- Click on Milestones.
- Edit the name as 0.1.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.