Geek Reading - Week of June 5, 2013
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
I have talked about human filters and my plan for digital curation. These items are the fruits of those ideas, the items I deemed worthy from my Google Reader feeds. These items are a combination of tech business news, development news and programming tools and techniques.
- Making Google’s CalDAV and CardDAV APIs available for everyone (Google Developers Blog)
- SAP to acquire Hybris to jumpstart its presence in e-commerce (VentureBeat)
- History of Lisp (Hacker News)
- A handy list of RSS readers with feature comparisons (Hacker News)
- Improving testing by using real traffic from production (Hacker News)
- Pandora launches new HTML5 site for TVs and gaming consoles, available now on PS3 and Xbox 360 (The Next Web)
- Dew Drop – June 5, 2013 (#1,561) (Alvin Ashcraft's Morning Dew)
- Why haven’t cash-strapped American schools embraced open source? (Hacker News)
- Simpler UI Testing with CasperJS (Architects Zone – Architectural Design Patterns & Best Practices)
- Using MongoDB as a cache store (Architects Zone – Architectural Design Patterns & Best Practices)
- Linux System Mining with Python (Javalobby – The heart of the Java developer community)
- Java EE 7 is Final. Thoughts, Insights and Further Pointers. (Javalobby – The heart of the Java developer community)
- Why Are Public Fields No Good, Again? (DaedTech)
- Email Reveals Google App Engine Search API About Ready For Preview Release, Charges Planned For Storage, Operations (TechCrunch)
- Learning Through Simulation (Javalobby – The heart of the Java developer community)
- The Daily Six Pack: June 5, 2013 (Dirk Strauss)
- Derby v0.5.0 – The first OT-powered realtime web app framework (Hacker News)
- These transparent solar cells provide 50% more battery life for your phone — and ‘infinite’ standby time (VentureBeat)
- Parse Launches Web Apps with the Express Web Framework (Hacker News)
- Google Analytics Becomes A Robust Testing Platform With Content Experiments API (Google Analytics Blog)
- Real-Time Garbage Collection Is Real (Hacker News)
I hope you enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on those sites.
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.