Certifications offered to become JEE Web Component Developer
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 5 Web Component Developer. You need to complete 1Z0-858 Java Enterprise Edition 5 Web Component Developer Certified Professional Exam to achieve this certification. This exam tests Servlet and JSP knowldge based on Java EE 5 APIs.
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Web Component Developer. You need to complete 1Z0-899 OCE for Java EE 6 Web Component Developer Certified Expert Exam to achieve this certification. This exam tests Servlet and JSP knowldge based on Java EE 6 APIs.
Which Web Component Developer Certification I can choose?
The OCEJWCD certification provides knowledge required to develop Java EE 6 Enterprise applications using JSP and Servlet. This exam covers major improvements in Java EE 6 like web fragments, asynchronous servlet, annotations to create servlet or filter, etc.
- Topic 1 - Introduction to Java Servlets
- Topic 2 - Introduction to Java Server Pages
- Topic 3 - Implementing an MVC Design
- Topic 4 - The servlet’s environment
- Topic 5 - Container facilities for servlets and JSPs
- Topic 6 - More view facilities
- Topic 7 - Developing JSP pages
- Topic 8 - Developing JSP pages using custom tags
- Topic 9 - More Controller facilities
- Topic 10 - More options for the Model
- Topic 11 - Asynchronous web applications
- Topic 12 - Web application security
The OCPJWCD (or SCWCD) certification provides knowledge required to develop Java EE 5 Web applications using JSP and Servlets. You cannot get the advantage of testing your skills in new changes like web fragments, servlet annotations, etc.
- Topic 1 - The Servlet Technology Model
- Topic 2 - The Structure and Deployment of Web Applications
- Topic 3 - The Web Container Model
- Topic 4 - Session Management
- Topic 5 - Web Application Security
- Topic 6 - The JavaServer Pages (JSP) Technology Model
- Topic 7 - Building JSP Pages Using the Expression Language (EL)
- Topic 8 - Building JSP Pages Using Standard Actions
- Topic 9 - Building JSP Pages Using Tag Libraries
- Topic 10 - Building a Custom Tag Library
- Topic 11 - Java EE Patterns
My recommendation would be to prepare for OCE for Java EE 6 Web Component exam to know the latest Java EE APIs and improvements.
Why OCEJWCD isntead of OCPJWCD?
The answer is simple “to know the latest technology” and most of your clients may upgrade from older versions to latest in few months or so. If you take Java EE 6 web component developer you no need to worry about upgrade exam until Java EE 7 , but if you take OCPJWCD you have to upgrade again to Java EE 6.
Why Java EE 6 Web Component Certified?
There are many benefits about being Java certified, you can validate your knowledge, improve your work efficiency and even you may get higher promotions with better salary. Your project assignment experience may not be enough to learn all JSP and Servlet concepts. So certification adds more value to your profile.
Exam Preparation Tips
This Web Component Developer Exam is designed for having practical knowledge in Servlet and JSP Technologies. Coding is the best way to learn programming skills, so you must work at least developing a small web application using JSP and servlets. Remember to use EL tags covered in exam objectives to understand better.
Certification Exam Study Materials
- Oracle’s Java EE 6 Tutorial. Read and workout all examples mentioned here. Those who want to know what is servlet and JSP can start here.
- OCEJWCD, Java SE 6 OCE Web Component Certification Training Lab . Software simulator for this certification that comes with study notes and practice questions. I recommend this product for those who have some knowledge in JSP and Servlets.