Microservices With Go Micro and NATS.io
Oren Golan published an excellent piece on his blog this past weekend sharing an example of how Micro and NATS are providing microservices for financial modeling and Bitcoin visualization.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Readers of DZone may already be quite familiar with NATS. Many excellent articles from developers using NATS for everything ranging from microservices messaging to IoT and cloud-native deployments have been published on Dzone.
Specific examples are very helpful, and Oren Golan published an excellent piece on his blog this past weekend sharing an example of how Micro and NATS are providing microservices for financial modeling and Bitcoin visualization in a project John Nguyen is working on. You can read Oren's post below -- I've also added a few useful links on Micro at the end:
- 0:00 Overview of Micro and NATS
- 8:00 Demo
- 16:17 Publishing a message to NATS
- 23:50 Code of a publisher and a subscriber
- 27:44 protobuf
- 29:03 Python subscriber
- 31:31 Persistance with project STAN
- Micro - tools for managing microservices
- Go Micro - libraries for writing microservices
- Git repo of this demo
- Recorded presentation by Asim at the Go London User Group
- Go kit - an alternative framework for managing microservices
Published at DZone with permission of Brian Flannery. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.